Pages

Monday, June 23, 2008

Dinky is a Weird Dog

So Dinky became inadvertantly playpen trained. I'm not sure how it happened, but he refuses to go potty outside. I only had him in the playpen I borrowed from my friend with the pugs the night I got him (last Thursday) and then the next day while I was at work (last Friday) as well as two more hours while I was at a jewelry party. (He made a royal mess the two hours I was at the party, so I decided to train him to go potty outside. Plus, I couldn't stand the smell.) So all this weekend, and today after work I've been working with him to go outside. But he won't go! So I get concerned about his bladder and put him in the playpen and he goes right away.

Then today, I was talking to my mom, and he started pawing to get into the playpen. So I took him outside, and surprise surprise, he didn't go. So then I took out the playpen, and he kind of went nuts because he was in the playpen, and could see outside, but couldn't get out. I brought him back in and called mom, and he started pawing again. So I put him in the play pen, and he went right away.

I go to my parent's house quite often on the weekends (pathetic, I know) and I do not want to haul a playpen. What am I going to do? Does anyone have any tips on how ot break him of the playpen?