Pages

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Meet the Newest Member of the Family!

Meet Dinky! Yes, I did get permission from my landlords, just last week actually. I was going to wait to get Dinky today, but one of my friends at work convinced me to get him Thursday. He is quite the cutie. And he seems pretty mellow and laid back for a chihuahua. He is three months old, well, almost 4 months. Now onto the task of housebreaking him. I need to get trained too, because I don't know what signs to look for to know he needs to go outside. But it's only been a couple days, so I don't expect miracles quite yet. I have looked online about housebreaking a puppy, but it's all so confusing! And it's got me scared that by my being at work all day and not being able to come home to take him out at lunch, will make Dinky have some bad habits....

However, until I can get him somewhat trained and so he plays by himself a little better, I probably won't get much accomplished on the Etsy or the gifts for my friends front. But oh well, I can deal with it!