Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Purse Lady

I have a purse fetish. I wouldn't call it an addiction, but I really, really, really like purses. (See the Purses, Purses, Purses blog post.) A few months ago, I was looking for a new purse on Etsy. My mom mentioned maybe I should make purses for myself instead. What a great idea! I could make them out of any fabric I want, whatever shape I want, whatever size I want. It took me a while, but the first purse I made is pictured below!

I don't mean to sound cocky, but I think it turned out really good. It has a couple inside pockets, one zippered and one not. I also really like this fabric. There are a couple things I would do different, but I can do that with my next purse. I may also shorten the strap of this bag, I'll see after I use it a couple times.
I would really, really like to sell purses on Etsy. But I'll obviously need some improvement, so we'll see.