Pages

Monday, March 24, 2008

Purses, Purses, Purses!!

I hope everyone had a good Easter weekend! Back to reality unfortunately. I don't really have any new projects to show off at the present moment. So I thought I'd show off my purse collection. I realize it's much smaller than a lot of other women's, but I still love it. A lot of the purses to the right, I don't really use. I consider them more museum pieces. I'm actually kind of a priss when it comes to purses. I like them to stay nice looking and pristine. So I don't use the chihuahua purses. I got the head coin purse for Christmas from my mom. Then she told me about the full chihuahua purse, which I had to get of course! I have used the pink purse to the far left. I was extremely anal when using it though. I think it's a Tokidoki knock-off, but I love it! It's currently retired while I use a gnome bag I got for Christmas also.



The purses to the left are two crafter's mall steals. The purse on the top is a book purse. I bought it at this little shop that sells handmade "artist" items. I can't remember what the shop is called now, but it's in an elementary school that was converted in Madison, South Dakota. My mom tried to make another one, but they're harder then they look.




The purse on the bottom is made from Pepsi cans. Yes, that is David Beckham on them. The only purses they had were a beer can purse, 7 up or Squirt, and then this one. I think the cans are actually from an Asian country. Any way, this purse was only $5! I couldn't believe it! I bought this purse at a crafter's mall in Mitchell, South Dakota. I obviously don't use because I don't want the cans to get crushed. My mom is the one who spotted it actually. (There's a recurring theme here.)


The purse below is another unique purse I own. This is made out of men's neck ties. Mom made it for me. She did an awesome job too! This is a durable purse that I'm not too afraid to use. I don't want to snag the ties though. Anyway, she put in a durable lining with pockets and everything. It's the perfect size for a little messanger bag. I love it, but haven't used it in a bit due to the other purses I've acquired. It (and the other purses) decorate my room quite nicely!