Pages

Saturday, May 3, 2008

I want a dog

A chihuahua to be exact. My family had a chihuahua mix. And ever since I moved to my current apartment, the thought of getting one of my own has kind of been rolling around in the back of my head. Recently, I've been thinking more seriously. And this weekend has got me wanting one really, really bad. For the past few days, I've been checking in on two pugs for a friend at work. Today, I went to a birthday party for a dog that another co-worker has. One person brought her teacup chihuahua that she just got. And then another person who was at the party went and got one too. Now I really, really, really want a chihuahua. A regular one though. I'm afraid a teacup chihuahua would get lost in my apartment.

Here are the cons. My apartment contract says I can't have pets without permission from my landlords. I've been a really good renter. But I'm not sure if they'd agree. I'm trying to decide if I'm serious enough about a dog to ask. However, I don't want to get too serious about wanting one in case they say no. I live in a duplex and my neighbors are chain smokers I'm sure they way the smell wafts over here. Maybe I should just call my landlords and find out and be done with it.

The worst part is I even have names picked out if I get a dog. Lelu for a girl (from the Fifth Element, of course) or Chevy for a boy. For the car, not Chevy Chase. Even though a drive a Ford. Then I can say I own a Chevy. :D I'm not sure if I want a boy or a girl. And I don't really care the color.

What should I do???