Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Work-In-Progress

What's he going to be? Do you know? He looks silent, but I'll give him a voice soon enough. I know what I'm going to make him into. However, somtimes when I get to this point, I change my mind. Sometimes the amigurumi just tells me he should be a different animal! That happened when I made my first duckie. He was originally going to be a bunny, but when I came back to work on him, he just looked like a duckie! I guess those sculpters I read about in art appreciation knew what they were talking about when they said a piece of stone or clay told them what it should be.

That's one of my big tips in creating your own designs. Another tip I have is to write down all of your patterns, even if you think it's not turning out the way you want it to. Sometimes, it turns out better than you were planning. Sometimes, it doesn't, but you never know when you are going to want to make it again! Also, don't be afraid to make mistakes. Rows are easy to take out. I've even thrown away some amigurumi that didn't turn out at all. Most of all, have fun!