Pages

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

I've started to toy with the idea of selling some of my patterns on my Etsy store. I've had requests to sell the Duckie pattern at least. I'm starting to think this might be a good idea for the following reasons:

1) No shipping fees/costs or hurrying to the post office on my lunch break or after work
2) Fast to re-list if someone buys it
3) No delays in listing due to making new item

However, I'm hesitant because:

1) Can I write the pattern so other people can understand it?
2) Can I make the pattern look pretty?
3) Will people still buy the duckies I'm so addicted to making?

Hmm... I guess I'm not especially worried someone will sell the duckies from my pattern. And I've been making specialized duckies lately that will still be completely unique to me.

Anyone have any thoughts?

On an unrelated note, my hometown is having a Poultry Party the local fire station is putting on. For those not familiar, a Poultry Party is where you play Bingo for turkeys and sometimes hams and the proceeds go to a local organization. I love going to them. The ones here only cost $.25 a game. I normally lose, but it's still fun! Wish me luck!