Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Floppy Eared Doggie

He's not a duckie! I'm taking baby steps to get over my duckie making addiction. It's kind of gotten almost a necessity at the moment. I can't find any more of the eyes for the duckies. I have enough to make 4 more and then they're gone. I even drove to a bigger town an hour and a half from me to look for some and came up empty. Hobby Lobby was all out of the size I needed! Of course it started snowing heavily while I was in town. Thank goodness my sister came with me. She was my navigator and kept letting me know when I was getting close to the shoulder on the interstate on the drive back. With the snow coming down and the darkness, it was hard to tell.

My mom did find some cute brown eyes though. I thought they would look better on furry animals as opposed to my feather friend, the duckie. This doggie was orginally going to be a squirrel, but I had some issues making the tail, plus the eyes just screamed "Make me into a doggie!". Apparently, I have a 6th sense and can hear crocheted animals talking to me. Moving on......